Earlier this year, Chanel removed their lightest coverage foundation Teint Innocence, both cream and liquid from their shelves and launched a new series of Ultra Light Foundation, the Vitalumiere Aqua. I have been using this for about 3 months now and I’m going to share my experience.
- Soft, Light and Aqueous texture
- Allow skin to glow to natural radiance
- UVB Sun filter and mineral sunscreen SPF 15
What I Think:
- Totally Oil Free Experience
- Feel very lightweight and I even forget that I have makeup on
- Very easy to apply. Need no brush or sponge. Simply spread it with your fingers.
- Tried it with both Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base and without a primer, I do not feel and see a difference. I guess if you are looking to skip the primer step, this is a good thing for you.
- Do not need to set with loose powder
- Too Light Coverage that I cannot cover my dark circles. Something that both Teint Innocent Liquid and Cream foundation could.
- The dry area on my skin is not moisturized and the flakiness becomes more obvious
- I did not experience the natural radiance that it says it features.
- I do not have the habit of bringing out a touch up bag. Once I’m all made up and the moment I leave the house, I do not wish to worry about my makeup anymore. Thus, whatever I have recommended in this blog falls into my requirements of once made up, no more touch up needed. For Vitalumiere Aqua, sadly I cannot do that. It does not last long on my skin, with and without a primer. Within 3 hours in our high humidity weather, my skin no longer look made up. The only sign that I have makeup on is my eye shadow and lipstick. The result is a tired looking skin and incomplete makeup. Imagine something like this : after you have just partied the whole night and all you need is a good long sleep kind of face.
Will I Recommend It?
I will only recommend this foundation to those with completely good skin, meaning no pimples, no big pores, no uneven skin tone, no scaring, no dark circle, or if you have oily skin and absolutely hate the feeling of any traces of makeup on you. It is also a good First foundation to have for makeup newbies! Its so light that it is tough to see mistakes.
However, if you are already in your mid 20s and are looking for a foundation that gives more coverage and still feel light, I think Chanel has another range to offer that is even better, Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Also, for SGD79, I think it is a little too pricey. I can purchase any other foundation from Chanel that works better with SGD79.
I’m an avid crazy huge fan of Chanel Cosmetics but Vitalumiere Aqua is just not something I will use for daily makeup, especially for work. It does not offer much coverage and thus does not do much to even out skin tone and does not give tired skin that much needed radiance. It is only great for people who want to feel made up without looking made up and with extra great skin to begin with. I’m still wishing that they will bring Teint Innocence back. It is such a good ultra light foundation!
If you really looking for a light weight foundation, do not run off and throw away what you have immediately. You can always mix your foundation with your day cream/lotion for a much lighter softer finish. It will work just as well.
Hope this helps!
If you have any suggestions, comments or feedback, I will love to hear from you! Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply leave a comment on my blog!