Sorry for the lack of post for the whole of last week as I have been really busy with work. All the magazines are rushing for the Amazing December Issues of party looks and fantastic shopping lists, so do check out the year-end issues (and definitely look out for my work) !!
Remember the post I did about getting sunburn and how Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream Moisturizer saved my skin? Now I’m a little crazy about applying sunscreen especially when I have to be out in the sun for a prolonged period of time. I still love my tanned skin so don’t get me wrong here. I just do not wish to have a second episode of sun burnt and I think by then, my freckles and pigmentation will be beyond hope. =(
So, I have been looking for sunscreen that does not have the odd metal scent and does not feel sticky. These 2 criteria are very important for me because I have to reapply sunscreen when I’m out for a long period of time and I do not wish to be drowned in the metal scent (Highly unpleasant) and definitely do not want to put up with layers and layers of sunscreen building up on my skin. Imagine that mixing with your sweat and sebum from the face. YUCKS!
And I’m extremely happy when I managed to find 1 sunscreen that I really love and works really well under makeup.
The Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF 50+!
- Ultra Light Fluid Sunscreen
- Very High Protection of SPF 50+
- Non Oily Finish
- Suitable even for Sensitive Skin, Skin that cannot tolerate any type of sun exposure, very pale skin with freckles
- Fragrance Free
- The maximum anti-UVB efficacy and the unparalleled “extreme anti-UVA” perfomance of Photoderm Max also prevents sun intolerance reactions and protect against sunburn
What I Think:
- No unpleasant metal scent
- No oily residue and feels very light on my combination skin
- Does not leave a film of white finish or glossy finish which are very important for photography purposes
- Easy to apply
- Skin does not feel sticky and does not experience any burning sensation under the sun for up to 3 hours. For sunscreen, it is best to reapply every 2 hours.
- It is not waterproof so if you are into water sports, I think this will not be your good friend.
- Because it is so light weight, you have to apply generously. Some might think this is not too good as you will finish a tube really fast.
Will I Recommend This?
Yes definitely. It is a really good sunscreen for daily use and even if you are not an outdoor person, this sunscreen is suitable for protection against daily exposure to normal fluorescent light. It really feels very light, almost as if you did not apply anything.
1 special point I have to note is that for expecting mums, I find that they can be very sensitive to scent. So this totally no fragrance sunscreen can be a good option for them.