Hola Chicas y Chicos!
I know not many of you have lots of lipsticks like I do but if you ever need to sort out your lipsticks and organize, you can try this!
Make Your Own Palette!
Can you believe how heavy empty lipstick cases can be?
I actually put whatever I have on a weighing scale and it is about 2 kilograms. Putting my lipsticks into a palette has allow me to reduce the weight I carry around in my ever so heavy makeup kit!
This is how 1 of my lip palette looks like when it is finished!
Things you need :
- Water Colour Palette (Empty)
- Toothpick/disposable chopsticks
- Kitchen Towel
- 1 Tablespoon
- Self-Adhesive Brand Labels
- Alcohol Pads
- Small knife
How To :
- Lay kitchen towel on your table top or work surface.
- Arrange all the items on the kitchen towel neatly
- Using the alcohol pads, clean the water colour palette, spoon, knife, and toothpicks/chopsticks.
- Light the candle
- Cut your lipstick onto the spoon, and use the toothpick to remove whatever lipstick that is left in the tube.
- Place the spoon with lipstick over the candle and let the lipstick melt. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes depending on the texture of the lipstick. Sometimes, if the lipstick has a frosty colour or shimmer, you will need to use the toothpick to stir the color to make it even.
- Pour the melted lipstick into the water colour palette.
- Allow 5 minutes for the liquid mixture to solidify.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 for the rest of the lipsticks.
- Water colour palette can be purchased at all art supplies store. The 1 I have only cost me SGD$3. However, the cover is a little loose so you will have to fasten it down. I use a bright pink cloth tape.
- I use alcohol pads to sanitize the tools used for this Lip Palette. Some people recommended using bottled alcohol but I find that method rather messy. Alcohol pads are rather fuss free and easy to use.
- You might want to write the labels before starting to melt the lipstick.
- You do not have to put the lipstick palette into a fridge. It will cool down at room temperature and solidify.
- Putting the lipstick palette into a fridge will risk condensation when you remove it from the fridge and condensation can encourage mold to grow on the lipsticks.
I hope you guys can try it out too.
I really love doing this. Makeup organizing can be rather therapeutic. :)
Have A Great Week Ahead!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org